1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

slept unusually well during this period. Anger more than depression, although those things like to wear different hats from time to time.

I can't remember which 'pundint' said it (as Molly Jong-Fast pronounces it) but all of us could experience some version of PTSD when this recedes.

I think it will be a pretty easy memory sector to block out, but it has to fucking end first for that to happen.

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm still recovering from the transition from PageMaker to Quark myself.

SFIND, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stay the fuck outta Vermont.

[​IMG]

lakefront likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Liking this for your page layout commentary. I miss Quark, too.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

To this day, people I worked with laugh about how I made one of the InDesign trainers cry in the middle of the newsroom. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but it had something to do with their templates and trying to get agate to line up properly. He essentially told me they weren't worried about how it looked and weren't going to create a new template for us. I was already on edge and went after the guy.
    I threw out some line about us paying them a lot of money to work for us, and this was bigger than Burger King. I'd either get it my way or he'd get his ass whipped.
    Thankfully, that was a lifetime ago, and thankfully I'm still alive (so far) after COVID.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

CoVenting, Novel Coronawhining...

Reaching the point where I am so ready for this to be over. I have been in lockdown since the last week of February/first week of March. I miss wandering around. I miss watching people. I miss visits to our Powell's clone.

I have been away from the house once. I had a dental abscess that was so swollen my left lower jaw and neck looked like I was turning into a large thumb. All of my lower teeth will be removed when this is over. The dentist called in some meds and I took a Lyft to get them at the drive-through. The Lyft driver was extremely kind and didn't tell me until after he brought me back home that he and his wife were harassed by MAGATs in that same parking lot the previous weekend. God bless him for taking me to get my meds.

The field project on women's work in and around churches in rural Kentucky I was supposed to work on turned into a remote project with a very excited teen with a cheap tablet working as a liaison between us and our subjects. This was due to COVID. Thanks, COVID!

Doc wants me to be tested for CoDoot. I have been increasingly less able to walk, have lost strength in my hands and am generally wobblier than I was eight months ago. Given the timing, he thinks if it's a poz, I got it from Idiot Nephew, who is not returning my messages.

This is pissing me right off. I don't have time for this shit.

swingline, HC, Baron Scicluna and 5 others like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

So is this the Halloween spike similar to the Fourth of July and Labor Day spikes? Thanksgiving up next?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving and Christmas are the worst possible holidays for this (everyone just *has* to get together with family), and they come when we're already spiking, and there's the whole "people stop using the outdoors because it's fucking cold" thing that makes lots of other viruses seasonal too.

We are so utterly befucked, and I don't think people really emotionally appreciate how bad it's getting because we're all so exhausted from dealing with it.

Inky_Wretch, wicked, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There was a DVD explaining to Quatk users how to do things in InDesign that was comedy gold. Swear it had everything but "and this function makes Quark want to run home and cry to its mommy."

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Didn't InDesign have a setting for "make all your hotkeys the Quark hotkeys"?

But it didn't have the little alien that zapped the page away :(

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Just imagine it, a coast to coast superspreader event starring our families.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted