1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The election is over except for the two Georgia races, and the political benefits of a stimulus package would accrue to Biden and the Democrats. Plus, Twitchy would veto it out of spite and the Turtle knows it.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I certainly get that now. But I still wonder why they didn't do it in October. Trumpists have no principles, which is why I doubt they're really opposed to fedruhl assistance. I just think they're cruel.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mostly because the Democrats wanted to get it done (and to take credit for doing it). They don't care if they screw the people over as long as they're frustrating the D's.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nation. Of. Idiots.

OscarMadison, wicked, Dyno and 2 others like this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I could go for some. But only if it’s black pepper Pemmican brand.

7. swingline

After it walked out slowly with its ray gun.

2muchcoffeeman and RickStain like this.
  8. swingline

Great story, NC, but I think you mean off by a couple of points. Twelve points to a pica and all.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. DanOregon

I'm going into "personal lockdown" - zero social stuff, only essential things get me out the door - grocery shopping at off-hours, work, but that's it through Thanksgiving at least.

10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

So I was listening to a local radio show this morning, and the DJs posed the question how are you handling Thanksgiving. And it was this litany of people figuring out how they can lie about traveling and still go back to work, buying negative Covid tests, having people come to their house so that they don't have to travel. Lying about how many people they have at their gathering. When did America become a nation of children who are unwilling to do the things they need to do?

wicked likes this.
  11. DanOregon

The odd thing is that what made America truly "Great" was its willingness to step up for other nations while they were being besieged by Germany and Japan. Not only did the US figure mightily in the ultimate outcome - the US economy was never better than in the '50s because the rest of the industrial centers were still being pieced back together. It was an anomoly that some people perceive as "normal."

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and SFIND like this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

My state is doing well in both cases and deaths but the school district just opted to go remote from Thanksgiving to mid-January because of things like that. They sent out a holiday travel survey and quickly realized they couldn't trust the information coming in so best to shut it down.

Draft saved Draft deleted