1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Napa is more of a Cabernet than a purple.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Glad to see another state get In-N-Out. Yes, Whataburger is good too, but you get better value at In-N-Out.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was going to get my first ever Whataburger in March on our school trip. Stinkin' COVID.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sending my best to you guys.

5. Driftwood

Thanks. At my school, the situation has sort of taken care of itself because more than half the students have voluntarily gone virtual. The aggravating and demoralizing thing is we are busting our asses, dealing with in person students, virtual students, redesigning if not reinventing the wheel as far as instruction, shooting videos the kids aren't watching, trying not to get sick (yeah, that worked out out well for me), and then then getting thrown under the bus by the very people, who back in August said, "We've got your back."
    Bastards.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Random thought:
    I haven't worn a tie in 6 months. I guess COVID isn't all bad.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

There ain't no distancing with a double-double.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I must have missed the announcement, but, hey, congratulations on the job offer.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can if you bag it up.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wait they make you wear ties? What does your union even do?

12. Driftwood

No, I might wear a tie to work a couple of times of year. I don't go to church, funeral home, lodge meeting, etc. without one, though. My daily work attire is usually with a Columbia-type fishing shirt or a dri fit golf shirt.
    Our union has about as much teeth as the Bumble at the end of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We have zero union protections. That's the south and right to work states for you.

maumann and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted