1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

1 in 145 L.A. County residents can infect others with COVID-19 - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

It could be your neighbors, or the man who brushed past you at the grocery store. Maybe it’s the last-minute addition to Thanksgiving dinner, or the friend who pulled their mask off next to you at the gym.

Throughout Los Angeles, COVID-19 is closer than ever.

One out of every 145 people in L.A. County is currently infectious with the disease, according to a model released by health officials Wednesday. This is a drastic jump from just two months ago, when the estimate put the rate at about 1 in 880 Angelenos.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. This is an unmitigated disaster. As you say, they are picking and choosing winners and losers. They shut down five restaurants in Douglas County over indoor dining yesterday. Castle Rock town council voted to say they're not following the new Level Red restrictions.

And when the governor blew it off today -- "I have not had any conversations with the mayor about his Thanksgiving plans" in that condescending tone and attitude that he has had from the beginning -- that was it. For me anyway. I've been patient. I've done what has been asked. Very consistent. I've had a couple of breaking points. But today might be the end of my fucking rope.

That "apology" only added kerosene onto the out-of-control fire burning back here at home. Get back on the fucking plane and come home. Let's start there. Can't see how he survives this.

And he shouldn't.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MileHigh

It's allegedly 1 in 41 in Colorado who are currently infected.

Yes.

Allegedly.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That apology was fucking awful. “I’m sorry that all you shitstains can’t see that what I did was fine”

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

COVID is running amok in the south and this stupid mayor thinks the smartest thing he can do is go and visit? “I’m only seeing two people, though.”

This guy sounds like he has a touch of Mitch McConnell in him. Does Denver do recall elections? I’d be one of the first ones signing the petition.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. MileHigh

Yup. And he just got re-elected to a third term.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Rules are for other people. The little people.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

None of these people know how to live with money or privilege. The point is once you get to that point, you never have to leave the house.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Your "these people" ... I'd be careful there.

Hermes likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If more influential people died we wouldn't be in this mess.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fuckin' A. I am retired with enough (hardly a great deal, but I'm comfortable) money to do as I wish and I only leave the house for the golf course.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted