1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case, though. The young Reaganites (who I grew up with) went for Trump because they hated Hillary Clinton.

And with him again this time because of contempt for defunding, The Squad, health care for all, and such. Fill in the blank.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Scalia knew the score. And he crafted the mandate to get the desired result. He did t care for an actual factual decision, he wanted Bush to win and engineered the outcome.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I certainly hope Scalia is burning in hell, but that doesn't change the fact that SCOTUS didn't issue a holding that said, "Fuck it. Bush wins."

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

As a Catholic Democrat, I find it fascinating that my right-wing co-religionists so easily dismiss the Vicar of Christ's opinions on all sorts of matters. Well, then, I can do the same to theirs (they are merely laypeople)...and to any future pontiff's because they set the precedent.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The right wing Catholic is an oxymoron. And they are too moronic to understand their own religion.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Even though Jesus is pretty clear that his message and path were not going to be popular, the Catholic and Evangelical right wings are so desperate to be liked that they'll glom on to any E-list celebrity (Scott Baio? Jon Voight?) that affirms their views, as opposed to authorities who tell them what they do not want to hear.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The whole turning on the pope thing amazes me. I guess the doctrine of papal infallibility isn't that big a deal anymore. Bannon and Gingrich are going to have this one whacked at some point.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Conservatives will abandon *anything* before they abandon conservatism. Democracy and the pope are just the latest victims.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Overthrowing the Pope has been Smelly Steve's main project the last 3 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.