1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Girlfriend met up with a friend last Sunday and they had a small, socially distanced brunch. Girlfriend and said friend carpooled to place, where they met two other friends.

Along the way she finds out her friend was part of a 19-person Thanksgiving celebration. They were geniuses and didn’t take photos and put them on social media, so at least they didn’t get caught. Insert facepalm emoji.

Friend later finds out five of the people at the Thanksgiving gathering test positive. Friend’s son gets sick and she takes him in for a COVID test last week. Still waiting on results.

Friend decides to come clean about this... yesterday.

Girlfriend, a teacher, immediately goes out for her own test. She’s staying home from school until the results come back.

I found this out a few hours after I had gone to the grocery store for my 73-year-old mom and dropped off things.

Is it too much to ask that you flag people about this right after the kid gets tested/you found out you were swimming in COVID?

Edit: Friend’s kid’s test came back positive.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, Wicked.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Thanks. I’m more annoyed about the lack of communication. It’s one thing if you’re talking about a cold. Everyone knows what the stakes are here.

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I really hope there’s an e-mail trail that leads right back to DeSantis. There is a reason we have whistle-blower laws.

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

That friend is no longer a friend in my book.

Friends don't knowingly put your health at risk.

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Early reports say it may be related to pesticides or other chemicals.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Great news for you and your family. Continued NorCal good vibes going your way.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And a great big get bent to that imbecile who exposed @wicked 's girlfriend

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Excellent. I hope they sent him home because he has improved and not because they had been overwhelmed and needed to prioritize.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted