1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The number of military officers who resign on the spot will make your head spin.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Major General Jared Kushner reporting for booty

tea and ease likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Was SCOTUS expected to offer some sort of communication today on the latest effort on the part of the SEC (and now Big 12) to secede? Or was it understood that it would have to be delayed until the pro-lifers on the Court could get around to ordering the state-sponsored killing of another human?

4. heyabbott

5. heyabbott

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That could be his next card: Can't leave office during a crisis.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You know why politicians go to other politicians’ funerals? To make sure the fucker is dead.

Told to me by my one-time uncle who was an attorney involved in some government shit.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Twitter's gonna be fun the rest of the week.

garrow and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I would have picked Dr. Fauci.

wicked and bigpern23 like this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Honestly, this would be a Democratic wet dream if, in fact, liberals weren’t actually trying to help those who need it. The GOP is so fucking lost. I’m really struggling to define a GOP platform beyond 2A, abortion and corporate tax cuts. I’m interested to hear if there’s more they care about.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

A few summarized thoughts on the last 15 or so pages that I missed today:

My Congressman, a Republican, did not sign that farce of a document. I'm not totally surprised. His success has mostly been rooted in his ability to net the rural industrial mining vote, though he's done his fair share of bootlicking in the last two-plus years. We can't get him to go on the record that Biden won the election or that he'd get a vaccine. The Congressman across the border, who's only been in office for about six months since arriving in a special election, did, as did the Republican who represents where I grew up.

The spinelessness of it all is not a total shocker, and I think it's got common threads across the country. The good news about a leader who whips your base into an angry mob is they're very motivated to turn out. The bad news is that it's an angry mob, and there are probably a few of them who know where your house is. As Brian Kemp is learning the hard way, Trump will turn on anyone who he feels has wronged him because he's not capable of anything deeper. I think it was maybe 50 pages ago, but didn't they get some GOP official on the record as basically saying he believes standing his ground against Trump will get his house bombed?

I don't remember who it was that mentioned the whole "real America" thing, but I think that basically hits it on the head. These are people who have been told that the Democratic Party is fomenting a leftist, anti-Christian revolution every single day for at minimum the last 26 years (I typically point to the Contract On America as the divergence point of this hellscape). I mean, QAnon didn't come out of thin air inasmuch as it just gave the characters of your average dittohead's fever dream names, which provided a skeleton on which this cult could drape that bogeyman. That was why nominating Hillary in 2016 was such a blunder. Without the name or track record, there's a mediocre candidate at best, but they nominated HILLARY CLINTON, the right's black beast for two decades. It was like waving a red cape in front of a bull and they got gored.

Now the silver lining. Trump runs his mouth incessantly but I think even his allies know he has no credibility. For the sake of my sanity, I'd rather not tabletop violent revolutionary scenarios, but I suspect the vast majority of people are just exhausted by all of this shit. And at 12:01 p.m. on Jan. 20, no one will have any obligation to listen to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.