1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bet Lena Dunham could get one of those teaching gigs.

HanSenSE and doctorquant like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Outside of academia I prefer "Your Majesty" ... I settle for "doctor" online so as to be less intimidating.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What do you expect from a whore who spread her legs and put up a For Sale sign

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It was uneventful for comfortable Americans. It was a little rocky for the kids in concentration camps. Which was kind of on purpose.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If only Jill Biden graduated from a fraudulent real estate seminar posing as a university. Then she’d get respect from right-wing Ivy Leaguers.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

True

7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Dude comes out with "Look at me, I went to Yale," a $50,000-a-year school that landed him a job in a field that pays most of its inhabitants slightly above minimum wage. My favorite part is how he drags her because a community college student showed inept grammar skills in an online review. Having taught CC courses, there's a good chance Dr. Biden elevated her student to that level. Plenty of university-level students come to me at levels slightly above illiterate. We're supposed to cure that in a semester?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Rick, I know you enjoy crashing conversations with in-your-face truths like a Manichaeist who just finished his first 100 level history course, but I’ll clarify I was referring to outside crises and not self-inflicted ones. I did not make that clear enough.

This should’ve been a period where we prepared to fend off our species’ extinction and we were sitting around refreshing our Twitter feed waiting to hear what a crazy man said 24 hours a day.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know a few professors at the local community college here, and their experience matches yours. Community College students are always going to be a mixed bag. You are going to have some students whose grades were too poor to get into most four-year colleges. Most likely, those students are not going to write well.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Plenty of college professors don't write well. Expecting their students to be perfect is a little lofty. And yeah, the CC students run the gamut. I miss those days somewhat, with non-traditional students all over the place. Now I'm just an old man to a bunch of 20-year-olds.

maumann likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trumpists spend so much about denouncing Marx, they didn’t have time to care that they were Trump’s marks.

maumann likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

She could probably score an endowed chair for a couple years, but the real celebrity dough is over on MasterClass.

OscarMadison and doctorquant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.