1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Just wanted to comment that I love your avatar.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thank you. I love John Candy, wish he still inhabited space on this planet. Instead we get Stephen Miller.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still remember when Parcells left and Ray Handley took over. ESPN was doing one of their training camp previews, and they did an introductory video montage to illustrate that the Giants were in a new era. When they showed Parcells, they were playing heavy metal music as they showed clips of him yelling at players and refs. When they showed Handley, they played some sort of classical music as he was walking through warmups with a smile on his face.

I knew the Giants were fucked right then and there.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The NFC East had a run of bad coaches taking over for the long-timers: Kotite, Petitbon, Handley. Johnson was the only one of the bunch who built something.

In fairness George Young was knee-capped by Parcells quitting in May. He had little choice but to go with Handley because Belichick was gone.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Netflix should produce a show like the Crown, but about the Trump presidency--"The Red Hat."

Each episode will center on a single event: Charlottesville, Helsinki, impeachment, family separation.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The father of my son's best friend played for the Giants for eight years. He's a great guy. One of my favorite photos is my son trying on his 1990 Super Bowl ring.

garrow likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

A reporter I know tried to reach Handley about 15 years ago. The Craig T. Nelson-lookalike coach asked how the number was attained and was asked whether he'd like to comment on something harmless from yesteryear.

"No, I wouldn't." Click.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey @Carlkolchak did you miss my question about that quote from Reagan? I'm really curious about it. Please answer.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

You've inspired me to do the same @Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Just came across this one going down the rabbit hole and it's a gem:

[​IMG]

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

all four downs of the sequence

gary
    fucking
    reasons

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.