1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What critical thinking skills? Seriously ... their lack thereof is a primary factor that we are in this mess.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve stopped viewing this in political terms and more in cult terms. I’m interested finding a way of deprogramming them before something really, really horrific happens.

My reading list is largely about post war Germany tight now. The problem is we don’t have much time.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

This would be a great time for certain posters to explain how both sides really are the same, though.

I mean sure the President’s lawyer is tweeting about arresting the Vice President, but do you realize how many abortions happened today?????

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have started to point out to them (on twitter) all of the phrases...any day now, soon to come, right around the corner, soon all will be revealed, the ____ is coming, it's going to be big, etc. etc.

I ask them if they see a pattern here and do they ever feel like they are being led on? Always promised the proof of some shit that never lives up to the hype

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Mlk did it best. Peaceful protests.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

and azar, jared, pence...wherever you are out there, fuck you too

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jared, Stephen and Steve

Fuck You Too

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m not sure that there has ever been a bigger narcissist. And what leads people to decide that this is who I’m going to rally behind. I can only assume that in this world of no gatekeepers for the spread of information/opinions, people cling to a simple message.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's really going to piss me off is if terrorists target Trump and/or the States because of Sulemon or whatever and we'll end up in a war because of this guy. As little as his various "Middle East peace" agreements between Israel and other US clients really did - bin Laden's whole jihad was about the US and Saudi Arabia being "bros."

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This ain't five-dimensional chess. As much as I think Sen. Turtle of the Bluegrass is a wretched human, I recognize his track record is robust. He has plotted out stuff and knows that it will work for his klan. Encouraging your base to pass on voting because the election is rigged doesn't seem likely to help. If the klan takes that advice in sufficient numbers, Trump's sycophants from the Peach State lose.
    The Dems will have to be up ≥ 10 in final polls for me to believe they'll actually win, however.
    I keep thinking back to Sara Gideon in Maine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.