1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Terrorists could put together a plot for Jan. 20 in DC and Trump will let it happen.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I don't even trust the polls in this one. It's gonna be too iffy to make an intelligent guess. The weather Tuesday shouldn't be a factor. The number of absentee ballots returned is already a record-breaker for any non-general election turnout.

Ossoff has to somehow make big gains from his November showing. The GOP has put all their focus on attacking Warnock while trying to avoid letting Loeffler's lack of anything close to being "senatorial" sway the white trash counties.

I heard "Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates (Haulin' Oats, as one radio listener called them) on the way to the store this morning, and that's a perfect description of our girl Kelly.

And the wild card is still what happens on Monday. If Orango Cheeto continues ranting about how the election is "rigged," who knows what the walk-up turnout might look like the following day.

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd love to place $20 on a split decision if the odds were high enough.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If I were a fly on the wall in the state GOP headquarters, my guess on the strategy is make sure Perdue wins to hold the senate majority, and then Loeffer is either extra cushion or expendable. The fascinating thing to me is how creepy Doug Collins basically picked up his ball and went home after finishing third in November. You'd assume he'd have stumped for the Loeffler campaign but he's a Trumpian first and Republican second.

I'm not even sure he was in town the other day with the Perdue rally bus, and he's our sorry-ass representative for another weekend. This county went 85-15 for Trump, so obviously no reason for the Dems to even waste money here. The real fight is in the northern Atlanta 'burbs.

If Collins has aspirations of facing off with Kemp in 2022, I guess he thinks laying low is his best option.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Honestly, if I were Ga. Gove or SoS, I'd leave them twisting in the wind. Party loyalty is one thing, but the attacks on them were personal by their own party. They owe allegiance to Ga., not the U.S. Senate.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Ted the Zodiac Killer is upping his game and seeks now to kill the 2020 election.

This is going to leave a mark on you, Zodiac.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Just once, I’d like to see someone force one of these fuckers to say the truth and properly translate the phrase “playing to the base.”

Pundit: “Come on, you know this isn’t going to fly. You’re an Ivy League-educated congressperson. You’re not this stupid.”
    Random GOP asshole: “You’re right. I’m not. But the people who vote for me are.”

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

With some, like Tommy T and Marsha B, they are just that stupid.

Johnson has gone to the mat with such vigor that I wonder what he may have done on his most excellent adventure to Moscow that July.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm surprised allied intelligence services haven't flushed it out. Perhaps it would involve them giving up a sensitive source, but the stakes are high (madmen leading the free world).

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Leslie Van Houten escape? :eek:

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Stacey Abrams passed up the Senate for another crack at Kemp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.