1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

She was a domestic terrorist. She planned this, posted about it, talked about it, knew what she was doing.
    And of course, I'd rather not see anyone die.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

t
    This is what amazes me. They've been organizing and communicating for months, but what was the game plan for, say, 8 a.m. Jan. 7? They thought by then Trump would have rounded up and executed his opponents? They thought the rest of us would throw up our arms today and said, ah well, too bad for Biden? They were going to sit at Pelosi's desk and scribble on it? What was their serious end game?

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

They thought that Pence and Congress were going to “Stop the Steal.”

They came to D.C. for a “celebration.”

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think most of them fit that category. But they pic of the guy with a sidearm on his hip and huge tie wraps on his other side? He would have grabbed Pelosi if he could have, or another Dem if possible. I firmly believe that.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I have lost faith that they're actually paying attention. Apparently, what happened yesterday was planned openly on TheDonald (WTF?) and Parler. And yet.... they basically walked right into the Capitol.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I actually think the Capitol police response might be the saddest thing about yesterday.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No

poindexter likes this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there's an answer. If it starts happening, someplace, somehow, law enforcement has to take a stronger stand. Think brutalizing peaceful marchers, but doing it in defense of democracy. I think we have a problem because too many law enforcement are Trumpers and a share of those are ne0-Nazis and white supremacists.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Is it too early to wonder how many COVID-19 deaths will be traced back to this?

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Not at all, although it’s a safe assumption that a relatively high percentage of those yahoos have already had it.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.