1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Toad was already taken on Twitter. Trump is extra pissed tonight

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I guess that is as close as I am going to get to hearing a recording of trump insulting his followers.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My message to Republicans bitching Democrats are hypocrites for calling for unity, then calling to impeach Trump

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

NAME NAMES

poindexter likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Josh Hawley has no friends in the upper house of Congress.

WASHINGTON—In a secure room where stunned senators were hiding from an angry mob on Wednesday, Sen. Josh Hawley stood in a corner, mostly alone.

“It was extremely striking,” said a person who was in the room on that chaotic day. “For most of the time, he was in a corner of the room by himself with no one talking to him or acknowledging him.”

The Missouri Republican’s Senate colleagues were furious with him, according to GOP aides. Minutes before, pro-Trump rioters had overrun the U.S. Capitol, forcing senators to halt the ratification of Democrat Joe Biden’s presidential victory and flee their chamber in terror, some running, some while holding hands.

Mr. Hawley, an ambitious 41-year-old former Missouri attorney general, last week became the first senator to say he would object to the results of the 2020 presidential election, bucking GOP leaders and sending shock waves through his conference. By law, an objection requires the backing of at least one House member and one senator to trigger a debate and vote on whether to disqualify a state’s electoral results. Once Mr. Hawley had signed on, there was enormous pressure on other Republican senators to follow suit or risk being seen as betraying President Trump.

Now he has become a pariah among Senate Republicans, many of whom blame him for what they see as his role instigating a riot that overwhelmed the Capitol and resulted in the deaths of five people, including a Capitol Police officer.​

Hawley Faces Fierce Backlash From Colleagues, Donors After Capitol Riot

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When and if this "second wave" gets going, the police response has to be: one warning, then shoot to kill.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ah, it was fun while it lasted. I blame soccer.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Nothing to see here.
    9C716DFE-856B-4B06-83BC-FE9C9F3399A2.jpeg

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

POTUSrejects.com is going to be awesome.

Slacker, wicked, OscarMadison and 5 others like this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I just told my kid it feels like the end of Batman Returns when none of the Batman-controlled penguins will do The Penguin's bidding.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Every time I read about him, I laugh till I cry. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.