1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Thomas must resign. He cannot have a wife so politically engaged and even pretend to be objective. I read where she paid for 70 busses for the rally/Capitol invasion. What happens when Trump's self-pardon gets to the Supreme Court? He clearly has a conflict of interest.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I understand it’s all one continuum of awful white nationalist bullshit, but there is a difference between expressing support for the anti-democracy protests and expressing support for the terrorist attack that grew out of them.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Alison Wright played Thomas' wife in HBO's "Confirmation" movie.

The same Alison Wright who played Martha, the FBI secretary-turned-unsuspecting-KGB-operative in "The Americans."

Good casting.

lakefront likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I have no use for Thomas or his harpy wife, but I'm gonna need to see receipts or other proof that she paid for 70 — or even one — buses for these nimrods to attend.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Sammy Davis Jr would be so embarrassed. (spitting image)

Vombatus likes this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Distraction? Why and who is he admitting to this?

Oh I see, the preemptive method...it's all the crowds fault, we never said go inside. they all have a good b.s. story after the fact.

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Just like Hillary want was never responsible for Bill, Clarence Thomas (whom I loathe) cannot be held accountable for his wife's acting t.

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I suspect that he will.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's a false equivalency. Bill Clinton was not a Supreme Court justice. He was the elected president of the United States. You don't like the political stands his wife takes, vote him out. No such option for Thomas. Like it or not, Supreme Court judges must be held to a higher standard than presidents.

And you know full well that if Thomas was a liberal judge, and if his wife was an active, highly-visible supporter of BLM, there would be hell to pay on the right and numerous calls for his ouster.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t think he should be tossed, but he should recuse on this matter.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

abbott must have been banned, hard to believe he would remain quiet about all of this.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course there would.

And liberals would say no way he should resign.***

***Oh, they'd gladly be fine with it NOW, to get a younger one in to replace him. But six months ago? No fucking way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.