1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Jesse Helms (R-Spider Family)

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Frank Broyles was a longtime Southern Democrat from Georgia, to put things in 1983 perspective.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

First time Helms has been mentioned around here since the coffee pot dude was exiled?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm responsible. Probably because I once brought up the famous bumper sticker "I'm from North Carolina ... and I don't support Jesse Helms" or a comparison to Moscow Mitch.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And we called them BLOGS!

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Funny how the same party who continues to enable the Subhuman Pile of Crime doesn't see that impeachment and/or removal from office via the 25th Amendment also frees up $200,000 a year in pension plus a million-dollar travel budget annually.

One would think that a group so bent on becoming deficit hawks again would seize this golden opportunity.

These are the people who clutched their pearls when a $600 stimulus went out to citizens in need of help during the midst of a pandemic.

Never mind that what the Tangerine Tantrum orchestrated endangered the country and hundreds of its leaders. I mean, as long as we're doling out reasons for impeachment, then prosecution ...

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It gone.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Not a sympathetic profile, at all, just a profile of a terrorist who lived for the adulation.
    "The only through line was his desire to build an audience. He was boosting Bernie Sanders before he was chanting anti-Semitic slogans in Charlottesville, Va., then temporarily recanting those extreme views and later committing violent crimes to get views on YouTube. He built an audience among coronavirus deniers and then, when he apparently contracted the disease, posted the screenshot of his own positive test to Instagram with a tearful emoji. A few weeks later, he joined the pro-Trump uprising in the Capitol."
    We Worked Together on the Internet. Last Week, He Stormed the Capitol.

Webster likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

An entertaining thread:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.