1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In his own twisted way, if he does run as a third-party and siphons votes away from a moderate GOP candidate, insuring a Biden-Harris victory, he will count that as a win. He probably hates Republicans who stood against more than he hates any Democrat.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This has got to be illegal, isn't it? Or at least something the state bar would find interesting?

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Totally seals the deal.

I hope he's in the first wave that hits the beach.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donnie was a loathsome failure long before he sicced his goons on the Capitol. EVERY other presidential transition which followed an incumbent defeat managed to avoid an insurrection. Every one except MAGA man's.

Wenders and OscarMadison like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why? There is no doubt that Rose bet on games. He bet on games involving his own team. He has lied and changed his story so many times over the years that there really is no reason to trust anything the man says about anything. Put Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Joe Jackson in the Hall of Fame, then put in Rose, too. They all belong. Just don't ever let Rose take part in any part of the game again for the rest of his life, including the Hall of Fame induction. He gets the plaque because that is what is best for the integrity of the institution, but no way in hell does he get to be a part of the ceremony.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's been my position all along.

"Pete, good news. You're in the Hall."

"Really? That's great. Thanks so much. When's the ceremony this year?"

"July 26. But you will not be there."

"But you said I'm in the Hall?"

"You are. Your plaque's there. We're done. Now shut up."

outofplace likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I could live with that, even if he’s down the street hawking autographs.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The plaque is about all that is missing
    Plenty of Rose artifacts in the Hall

9. Machine Head

NSFW language

Ted the Zodiac Killer had some fans in the mob.

Who knew?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe the punishment for Rose, or Joe Jackson, or even the steroid guys if you want, is that their eligibility clock starts upon their death. There's no doubt that Pete Rose made a significant contribution to baseball lore, but because of his transgressions, he should not be able to enjoy the social and financial fruits of that.

That said, my bar for steroid users is "convicted." Even reliable hearsay is hearsay, and I think a lot of the opprobrium against Bonds and Clemens is that both of them are assholes, and this is the last chance for some of these writers to punish them for being assholes before they enter "immortality (I hate that descriptor)."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Machine Head

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.