1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Fwiw, I think it's ridiculous not running her stuff anymore, but on the other hand, if you're a columnist and you're going to allege publicly that Trump was probably responsible for a lot of abortions... unless you got the receipts, you can't go there no matter what everyone thinks. You cannot put that into print.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Waiting for the NYT to start interviewing customers at soul food restaurants in the South, to find out what the average voter is thinking.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or a barber shop in the central city. Or MARTA commuters. Or Rickey Smiley show listeners.

This is Jamal, 37, a senior customer service representative for Delta Air Lines. Why can’t the GOP seem to reach him?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sure you can go there.
    But there's a chance you can get fired for it.

Debra, the columnist - I have some advice for you, as eloquently said by The Wolf in Pulp Fiction: "Move out of the sticks."

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

A former business associate who turned into one of the biggest trump supporters I know and then went full on Qanon got arrested for CDV over the weekend. I am filling expecting more stories like this as the trump crew rages impotently.

6. poindexter

What is CDV?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Domestic violence?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. poindexter

I literally right clicked it to google and it came back with "childhood domestic violence" so I am a little wondering

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are to Putin what Yankeefan is to Trump.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What's he gonna do, sue?

Bring it on. Discovery.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Life/history shows us that "bipartisanship" and "working together" is nice but its really about LEVERAGE; bipartisanship, etc. is only a nicety that works when someone with leverage relents or where both sides recognize some resolution is better than deadlock.

Here, the Dems are in control, get stuff done and don't make bipartisanship the overarching goal, if they don't want to get something done, screw them. Let Biden pound them into submission with the executive power and the executive branches and see how they like the changing government.

OscarMadison, wicked and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted