1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Smartmatic files $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell over 'disinformation campaign' - CNN

"Smartmatic's lawyer, J. Erik Connolly, told CNN Business that the case is one of the most "straightforward" he has ever seen. Connolly, who secured one of the largest defamation settlements ever in the "pink slime" case against ABC News, told CNN Business that because Smartmatic's role in the 2020 general election was limited to providing services to Los Angeles County, he could easily prove all the conspiracy theories false.
    "By being able to say Smartmatic was in Los Angeles County and nowhere else, I've been able to prove a lie of everything they essentially said with one salient fact," Connolly told CNN. "I've been doing this for a long time and that might be one of the easiest ways to demonstrate falsity that I've ever had."

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Good. Sue their ass into the poorhouse.

TowelWaver, wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I was going to say that I’d misplaced my Beethoven, but then I realized you didn’t say “until someone loses their composer.”

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My first boss, on the last day of the month, got the schedule for every team in L.A. and put in a mileage voucher for every game. If there was a day with no games, he “went” to the quarter horse track. He probably didn’t actually attend 10 percent of those games. He probably did go to the track. He never wrote about anything at the track. He got fired when they started checking his mileage claims.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

BEB45513-8214-4F28-A315-0D73C4684D1B.jpeg

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

At least a portion of the lawsuit against Fox and its human centipedes needs to stick. That way, maybe going forward, some of these types will give pause before they knowingly throw gasoline on a brushfire of lies.

7. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The letter is on brand, to be polite.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I mean , the 5th amendment still applies...

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You're not a noob. What are these 8.5s you speak of?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

They were all in danger.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

They were. And I can imagine that for any survivor of violence, be it sexual or any other kind, the attack probably triggered some PTSD.

OscarMadison and Kato like this.
  12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I'm glad she told her story and showed not only how scary this was. How close were we to an assassination, whether it was her or someone else?

Discrediting her story (because she's AOC!) is a taming of the whole insurrection. Eventually, it will be down to one crazy guy in a bison hat happened to walk onto the House floor. People died. We have to find out how this was allowed to happen. People have to be held responsible.

Draft saved Draft deleted