1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I know very little about Georgia politics, so this is pure spitballing.

Greene has had her 15 minutes of fame. The alarm bell's already ringing. She's a loose cannon without any ... balls?

I fully expect Georgia's Republican majority to redraw District 14 to include either sizeable populations of 9 or 11 in an effort to eliminate her in any 2022 primary. I'd guess putting Cartersville in there, against incumbent Barry Loudermilk, will spell the end of her political career. That or add Ellijay, Blue Ridge and Blairsville, and make her duke it out with fellow moron Andrew Clyde. Loser gets two tinfoil hats.

The chances of her even considering a Senate seat? Two years is a huge amount of time in political terms. Trump could very well be in prison by 2022, let alone have any say in the party. The GOP will need to lop off the dead branches if it's to survive as a viable entity.

Even someone like Kemp could very easily regain favor with the rank and file by then, which would get him out of a rematch with Abrams. Trump's little toady, Doug Collins, finished a distant third in the general, so he's got no statewide pull. They need a candidate who can connect with the suburban voters, because that's where they got killed in 2020.

Greene has a less than zero chance of raising the kind of money it would take to go head to head with any established GOP career pol with an actual power base, let alone flip voters who are getting bluer by the day. Republicans can't afford a fringe lunatic candidate from the most rural of rural areas if they want to have any chance of unseating Warnock now.

You've got to remember she moved to that district this summer because: 1. no way in hell she had enough support to win her home district, 2. the seat was being vacated, so she had no opposition, 3. the Democrat was a guy who left the state before the election after being served divorce papers. A blind squirrel with Jewish space lasers could have won that election.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is one of these things where I'd need to see a time-lapse imagery of the changes to understand how they do it.
    Do they do it by putting both her and a representative from another current district into the same new district?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Unfriend that person.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They're not a friend.

He also told me to ""go get your vaccine and wear your mask and sit the fuck down until your fuhrer tells you to speak."

I didn't feel insulted and don't really understand what he means by that.

Maybe I really am that stupid.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

53BA2F15-0611-4017-9881-2E6C23FD3585.jpeg What’s she going to do to stand out?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Qunt

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The 2010 map:

[​IMG]

And the current map:

[​IMG]

You can see they basically created a 14th district in the upper northwest corner.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

All my trips between Michigan and Florida
    Now I’m especially glad I stop in Chattanooga

maumann likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's not really much she can do now but introduce bills and make speeches from the floor, right?\

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does anyone think she was gonna spend her days marking up legislation in committee or attending hearings? She's being punished by not being allowed to do things she was never gonna do in the first place. She could resign tonight and she's already got what she wanted out of being a member of the House -- national attention and a good seat on the wingnut grift train.

Draft saved Draft deleted