1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Parkland. Just like the NY Republicans were all about 9/11. Some things are beyond the pale no matter how red your district is.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Interesting that he had a line that could be crossed.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

9th-year senior

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

and you won't even vote her sportsperson of the year because she signals uncool virtue

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tool? Yes.

Useful? Never.

Now go away. Guess it isn’t easy being Greene ...

maumann likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

TOOL

YES

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This guy sees nothing wrong with that.

[​IMG]

Pilot and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Had the vote been by secret ballot, like Cheney's was, the results would have been greatly different. I suspect her real support among her party peers isn't anywhere near as strong or deep as she thinks it is.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think voting her off committees may have been a mistake. Dems should have challenged Republicans to get rid of her and when they didn’t — because obviously the didn’t and never would — tie her around their necks like a fucking anvil. Put her in every single 2022 commercial and say loud and clear “this is what today’s Republicans stand for. This is what today’s Republicans accept.” Weld her to them so thoroughly she’ll never break free.

Just like you’ll see AOC and Pelosi in every GOP commercial on 2022, we should see this asshole.

Now they gave vulnerable Republicans a chance to vote against her, and they let the effort to oust her be bipartisan.

haha, yeah yeah, it’s good for the country to get her out of power, but until the GOP becomes... not this... it’s good for the country for that party to be out of power. The Trump movement isn’t dead. I’m not even sure it’s sleeping. Democrats have to capitalize on GOP fuckups like letting this asshole in their party.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Patchen likes this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I admit, maybe I’ve watched too much Homeland or 24 or something, but given the utter banality of that clip, after what we have recently heard about the complexity of the Capitol complex layout, it feels more like an intel mapping tour for her insurgent followers than some innocent “walking the inner-tunnels of Congress” clip.

Is that area of the Capitol regularly seen by the public?

I really think that woman is a physical menace to the Congress.

Mngwa and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted