1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Senator, are you seriously contending that my client -- who can't even close an umbrella -- actually planned and fomented an invasion of the Capitol to incite a coup?"

"The defense rests."

Fred siegle, Kato and heyabbott like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

My sister, a christian, republican, never-trumper who voted for Hillary and Biden is considering other countries to live in.

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He shoulda got the meal plan! Not very fiscally responsible.

swingline likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Mark Meadows and Ron Johnson made the Sunday morning rounds claiming that Pelosi is responsible for Jan. 6.
    These people are insane.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Good on Liz Cheney.

Brings the heat from what I’m seeing online.

Never thought I’d be saying that.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm about halfway through Bob Woodward's book right now and Trump's lack of knowledge of, oh, anything is appalling. He depended more on his kids, long-time advisers and Graham for tips rather than those who'd been working the problems for years. He liked simplistic solutions with no regard for the consequences. And I'm not even up to how badly he botched pandemic response yet.

Compare and contrast with Biden. He is the adult in the room.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No one among Democrats bitched when Mary Trump made money off a book that said her uncle was a nut case.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Please folks. Let's not talk about this as if there was a remote possibility. We at least know that Portnoy would try to abolish the Labor Departmet.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Biden people leaked one story about the vaccine rollout being a shitshow — which it was. Then they got to work and found alternatives.

It’s not even three weeks in. In normal times decisions made by the Biden folks shouldn’t be felt at a grassroots level, the bureaucracy is that real. And it seems like they are.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We said Trump wasn’t a possibility. That said, I think most Americans viewed Trump as a harmless quack when he first ran. Portnoy is much more divisive.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Three weeks in, it's a miracle they could get into the computer system and find paper clips after the clown act of 2017-2020. No one should judge Biden on what he does after the first 100 days or even the first year. He still has Trump people in the government (Postmaster General, for one) who no doubt will circumvent anything they can. I think they've done well to deliver whatever vaccines they have to this point.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, enough people would need to like Portnoy for him to get elected. I suspect that will be a tough bar for him to clear.

'Course, I thought the same of Trump, so...

Draft saved Draft deleted