1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.
    "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.
    McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.
    Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the f--k do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Can you imagine that happening to you and then not voting to impeach Trump? What a slime mold McCarthy is. Is power, of which he has none right now, so addictive you'll forego any trace of self-respect?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Trump's lawyers want due process like a criminal trial, but then think it's OK for three jurors to work with the defense team. I'm no lawyer, but that doesn't generally happen in real trials, right? o_O

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can you imagine that happening to you then flying at your expense a week or two later so you can slurp off the guy?

5. micropolitan guy

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Probably thinks he's gonna get paid too.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He’s the one who sued Trump
    He’d better not count on it

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

not even on a friday night

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or Lady G’s. Or that of several other self-hating pseudo Christian Trumpists.

11. micropolitan guy

Watching the House guys respond to questions today reminds me a little of debate I've seen (in movies) of Parliament. Much more lively and interesting than the normal House discourse.

I still think McConnell is going to vote to impeach. At long last, a big fuck-you to Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The only thing that would change it now would be for McConnell or another leading GOP to go full Al Pacino: "Donald J. Trump should go STRAIGHT TO FUCKING JAIL, the son of a bitch is GUILTY!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted