1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I turn 60 next month. The largest bill I would have encountered without insurance was $900 for two stitches when a piece of tile cut my lip. With insurance it was $100.

I'm lucky. No shit. But it's a FACT that health insurers make billions of dollars because they pay less to hospitals than their customers give them in premiums.

We pay anyway JUST IN CASE we fall into the 1 percent catastrophic category your wife fell into.

Now pass me the meth.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t give you meth anymore than I’d piss on you to put of the fire in your head. Want meth, pimp
    your sister, again. Selfish pig.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Having a child. I think a few families do this and you can rack up a pretty big bill.

Colonoscopy? I think those are more than $29.95.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You got kids?

5. BTExpress

They're expensive, but my point is OVERALL they are less expensive than the premiums you are paying.

Insurance companies would not exist otherwise. That's not even an argument. We have insurance for catastrophic costs. Not for "regular life" costs.

A colonoscopy would cost me $2,000 or so. That's one-half of what I'm paying in premiums this year.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yes, chances are insurance will make money off of you. Do you know what you are insuring yourself against when you buy insurance?

Mngwa likes this.
  8. BTExpress

Catastrophe.

Is there something else?

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy

Baron Scicluna and Mngwa like this.
  10. BTExpress

Well, the terms are kind of interchangeable the way I'm using them.

The catastrophe that would force you into bankruptcy.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who could survive diabetes, hyperthyroidism, torn ACL without insurance? My daughter’s ACL surgery and physical therapy cost a year of college, not a great trade off.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I've said it before ... and I'm saying it again.

The GOP and these lunatics can STFU about "cancel culture." Any bunch that tries to cancel a free and fair election complaining about "cancel culture" could not be more hypocritical and FOS if it tried.

End of rant. Back to regularly scheduled hammering of idiocy, already in progress ...

Draft saved Draft deleted