1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Huh, I thought Republicans were sick and tired of political correctness?

garrow likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm sure it must hurt. but probably for the best. Life is just too fucking short to get one's undies in a knot over Donald Trump.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only the best people!

garrow likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And also:

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well, it did give birth to me so maybe?

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Gotta be fake. Republicans don’t believe in evolution.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm going to kill L'il Marco tonight. In my dreams.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

As many people have said here more than once: Over this guy? Really?

About MarshaMarshaMarsha: I'm not usually one of those people who pulls out their education, lays it on a table, and yells for a ruler; but this is Marsha Blackburn we're talking about.

Marsha got her bachelor's degree in home economics from Mississippi State.

I have a bachelor's degree in anthropology with a minor in folk studies. The curriculum I chose included classes in pre-med A&P, physics, astronomy, geology, chemistry, statistics, multiple languages, semiotics, and botany.

As an undergraduate, I published a scholarly paper on the development of narrative patterns in trauma recovery patients as they are shaped by communities of faith.

My scores when I took the LSAT were high enough to get scholarship offers.

Enough about my bona fides. I bring them up because I think I can say with confidence that Marsha Blackburn is an example of the stupid, hateful, bigoted, overly coiffed, mouth-breathing troglodytes who claim to be there to help, but are actually getting daily petites morts over the fact that they are leaving a path of destruction everywhere they decide to blaze a slime trail.

Marsha posts out-of-context passages from the Bible that often demonstrate her tragic lack of understanding of a document that is supposed to be a touchstone of her faith. She uses this to bludgeon the people who disagree with her the same way people scream those dogwhistle catchphrases to rile up crowds against people they hate.

As an actual practicing Christian, I am offended and angered. Her actions are obscene.

Today she scribbled and blepped a bunch of lies about Neanderthals that aren't even true. Has this woman ever cracked a book that didn't have a recipe or a phrase from one of those BE HAPPY!!!!! fundie ladies?

Sit down. Here's the truth about neanderthals:

They were the first people to include floral matter and adornments as components of their grave goods.
    It is thought they were the ones who made the cave paintings.
    Analysts suggest the sequential narrative nature of these images might be a sign that storytelling, performance, and possibly even music are parts of their legacy.
    They were smaller than us and more observant of the world around them than homo sapien sapiens.
    There are inconclusive studies linking the following markers to the presence of neanderthal DNA:
    dyslexia
    autism
    left-handedness
    issues with balance
    predisposition to fabulist and supernatural thinking
    extreme orientation to specific skill-sets (eg. creative things come easily, but STEM has to be taught with threats of gunfire and licorice.)

So why aren't Neanderthals wandering around sticking flowers in gunbarrels and writing operas?
    It's simple. Homo sapien sapiens were and are assholes. Our ancestors raped them, ate them, and killed them off so they could have everything to themselves.
    Marsha? There's your people, not the lovely archaic hominid subspecies jerks like you killed off because they were smart, sensitive, and creative. Of course you freaked out and killed them.

One more thing and then I'm going to sign off and have a good cry.

I'm a former verger, Marsha. I am sure I know more about the Bible than you do, you stupid cow.

I can't believe I am going to have to go to confession over this jerk, but it looks like wrath is winning tonight and I'll inevitably feel terrible about it tomorrow.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

One more thing:

Bite me, Joe Biden. You started this!

Okay, now I'm going to sign off and have a good cry.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Williamson County is churning out Neanderthals then I’m a single-cell organism. Being rich and educated doesn’t inoculate you from electing shitty politicians.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is actually a pretty good troll job on Rubio's part. I laughed.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So we're all 2-percenters then.

Hook 'em Horns.

Draft saved Draft deleted