1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

2. Jerry-atric

Now I think you are just playing with me. ;)

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

It's been proven. Someone from this land became Jerry in that land, and the Jerry in this land made reference here to how he'd been "welcomed" by the other land.

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

A country between England and France is equivalent to a Nordic country?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Not so dissimilar" does not mean "equal."

It means they have MANY more common grounds for comparison than, say, the US and New Zealand.

Hell, ANY two EU countries can be compared with a greater relevance than the US to anyone.

And my question still stands. Why isn't anyone talking about what a colossal clusterfuck of a failure Belgium is?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...o-eat-fries-twice-a-week-during-lockdown.html

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

You can acknowledge it's not easy without suggesting that anyone who is having a hard time of it is somehow less than willing to do what is necessary.

A lot of good people had already taken some serious mental health hits because of the Orange Shitgibbon and his cultists before the pandemic. More have faced loss of life, an abbreviation of health, loss of loved ones, crushing loneliness and privation due to job loss and the fact that it's still pretty dangerous in some parts of the country. Good for you if you're still as hale as you were in 2015.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Even though I got the first shot almost two weeks ago, I ended up getting covid. I've been quarantining since last Friday, only leaving my apartment last Saturday to get tested. I learned I was positive on Monday.

It mostly feels like a really bad cold. At one point I had a temperature of 100.3. I was sweating and shitting a lot even though I wasn't eating.

Those symptoms are gone. I still have the cough, though it's not as bad. It is still really bad at night, though.

9. Jerry-atric

My friend, how do you think you attained COVID 19? Kissing too many pretty girls? ;)

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't know. I always tried to be as careful as possible but obviously I still took too many risks. Somehow, I managed to walk between the raindrops for the last year.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That first shot might've kept you out of hospital. That's the whole point of getting even one shot.

12. Jerry-atric

This is a very good point.

Draft saved Draft deleted