1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

McCarthyism

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There should probably be a thousand people charged altogether. And most certainly a hundred or so of the ringleaders need to be facing 20-life sentences and possibly death for treason/sedition for a few.

Send some messages. Put some heads on pikes. Or else they'll be back.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

KevinMcCarthy is a scumbag like all Christian republicans. Fuck him and his family.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Their imagined world harms our real one.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There’s a certain subset of people who are wildly threatened by the idea that anyone would be vegetarian. No one is asking them to personally switch mind you, but just the mere fact the idea is allowed to exist in the world is nitrous oxide for their paranoia engines.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No heads on pikes.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind ... " – Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi

But we can fill prisons and find a way to parole those incarcerated for far less worthy crimes if space becomes tight. We can properly punish those who willingly tried to overthrow our government and disrupt peace for all.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Says a White guy who represents South Carolina. Fitting.

Stevie Wonder has better vision than Lindsey Graham. While it's not the least bit surprising that Graham said something that stupid, it doesn't mean he shouldn't be crushed for it.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He is faithfully representing the views of his constituents, who re-elected him with 56 percent of the vote just last November. I love the Southerners on this board, but as a matter of public policy, the states of the Confederacy, as suggested by Sen. Charles Sumner, should still be 11 distinct military districts ruled by the US government through the armed forces.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

While I understand your stance, I will respectfully ask that you understand that not everyone in the South supports POSs like Lindsey Graham, Moscow Mitch, Thom Tillis and the like, and it should not mean that the South is still Jefferson Davis's Confederacy. No one can paint the entire region with a broad brush because of such stupid words and view of a few.

Do you think New York wants to be represented some of Andrew Cuomo's more recent dubious moves?
    Do you think all of Ohio is representative of Jim Jordan?
    Do you think all of Georgia is representative of Majorie Taylor Greene?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The end result of Gandhi's laaah-de-daaah: Three bullets in the chest.

Send a message: Do not do this again.

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No to the above. I was exaggerating for effect. I will say, dead serious, that if all the GOP elected officials from the 11 states were forced to take the oath of allegiance from the Civil War era, I very doubt how many could do it without lying at the price of their worthless immortal souls.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted