1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sending them to prison en masse will accomplish the same thing. Messages can be sent without killing. No blood shed. Killing them does nothing more than bring us down to the level of those goons.

No thanks.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know. Your track record on this is why I didn't swing harder in response. I know you're not here to get a reaction.

I don't like any of those fools who give the South a truly embarrassing name, and I know I'm not alone on the board. But please no Confederacy references. It's bad enough that enough POSs think that everyone in the South think the Civil War is still the War of Northern Aggression. We don't need any more of that crap.

Put it this way. Do you want people from abroad to view us through the Subhuman Pile of Crime? Just a guess: I doubt it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I also think we tend to view most states as hard blue or hard red, when in actuality, most places are closer to purple. Even in Rhode Island, which Biden won by 21 points, that still means that 38.6 percent of the voters went for Trump. Still plenty of non-masking fuckwads to spread it all around. It's also why I think "liberal states" aren't trouncing "conservative states" in things like vaccination rates or people suffering from Covid. The range from #1 in vaccination rate to #50 is around 15 points, which isn't great, but it could be worse.

cyclingwriter2 and Driftwood like this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Michigan is thought of as a liberal state but it produced the Nichols brothers, who hooked up with Timothy McVeigh, and the guys who wanted to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer
    When I lived in Marquette you heard a lot about a group in Wisconsin called the Posse Comitatus, a bunch of RWNJs who caused trouble

6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

In my observational experience, some people would be shocked at large swaths of rural Oregon and Washington. It's basically Idaho/Kentucky with minimal cultural connection to PDX/Seattle.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump won 70% of the nation's counties. That's terrifying.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

But it’s different when they do it. Got to own the libs!

garrow likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted