1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't know why they call it hamburger helper. It does fine just by itself.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He'll be mentioned. It may involve a sombreor or two.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Re: Victoria Toensing. I have to think that Rudy has had plenty of time to clean up his home and office, to get rid of incriminating documents, etc (with the exception of whatever he missed). I doubt that Toensing saw this coming and did the same. I wonder if they're also hitting her husband, Joe DiGenova. Both of them were lawyers for Dimitri Firtash, and neither of them filed FARA documentation. Rudy did not do so either. Lanny Davis also worked on behalf of Firtash, and he did.

Violation of the Foreign Agent Registration Act is probably the first charge that was leveled and provided probable cause for the search of home, offices, and electronic devices. I hope the FBI found some juicy stuff.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Good thread here on the Rudy thing, going into some depth. It looks like the warrant also mentions John Solomon, Parnas and Fruman, and Devin Nune's chief aide. Double bonus points if Nunes gets pulled into this.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, I am a Westerner. But I'm not sure that's the reason for the thinking. I'd just like to see the wildlife population not driven to near-extinction entirely because of mankind when I don't think that's necessary.

I can understand Africans who have to live near and with safari animals not being quite so against the killing of wildlife that kills their farm animals. But I guess I'm of a mind that, again, people shouldn't actually need to be everywhere, and take over everything, should they?

More respect and consideration should be granted the needs of the wildlife population that, frankly, was there first. Toward that end, people really should get a hold of themselves, their populations, and their desires and greed. We are the only ones who can do it. Yet, we are making the planet's other populations unsupportable, despite the fact that those creatures would be contained through natural selection and attrition otherwise, anyway.

It's not right, and I count it as a great loss to us. There are people even in Africa and other places where endangered animals live who are beginning to realize this -- probably too late -- and trying to do something about it. Some conservation groups actually compensate African herders and farmers for losses incurred by safari wildlife, and there are finally beginning to be some real stands being made against senseless poaching, and technologically advanced attempts at preserving dwindling near-extinct wildlife is going on.

But, even as endangered as much of it is, most wildlife could still recover on its own -- if mankind would just clean up after itself, stop the unreasonable killing, and its discontinue its advancement into every habitat space, and thus, allow it to happen.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good to see Jimmy Kimmel's a better-seeming guy than he once seemed to be on The Man Show.

He isn't any funnier, at least to me, but better-seeming.

Shockingly, Fallon may have pulled in front among the big three for talk show I can stand for 20 minutes. Colbert has become Steve Martin in his "Shopgirl" and musician phase, where he remains.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are telling me the guy who booked the press conference of his life at Four Seasons Landscaping is going to be a mastermind at covering his tracks, I would like to wager all the chips that will fit on the Don’t Pass line.

10. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

You just know he's going to throw a red right back.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Unless Rudy has been running an elaborate con the past few years, he’s just a sloppy old drunk who has completely lost his powers and has scraped by on telling Trump what he wants to hear.

Of course this will power the FNC victimization machine, even if the leg work was all done under the prior administration and they refused to pull the trigger.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he's alive. Shocked.
    Wasn't he hanging out in Canada?

Draft saved Draft deleted