1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

While we’re considering that, how many pitching wins and RBIs did George Ruth have before he became universally known as Babe Ruth?

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of stupid posts on this board. But "Caitlin Jenner isn't an Olympic gold medalist because she changed her name and gender" might be the stupidest.

3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Look up deadnaming and get back to me.

Mngwa, Woody Long and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We know how this translates. "That's too much money, we'll approve a third of that" followed by endless delays until the R's run out the clock. Give them a shot at a serious bipartisan offer early, and if they don't come to the table correct, use whatever parliamentary maneuver is necessary to pass the bills. Same as they did when they were in power.

McConnell: No Senate Republicans will back Biden on $4T

garrow likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is certainly in the running. What he and others don't seem to understand is that Jenner is still the same person. In a sense, she was always the person she is now. It is as if some folks don't even want to try to understand, so they use it as an excuse to try to take a person's accomplishments away.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like someone watched the "True Blood" intro reel a few times. They're still flicking at Trump's raw spots though.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Two 12 man teams, two days of fourballs (best ball), last day 12 singles matches.
    Guys from all over, originated with a fraternity pledge class; my in was my golf buddy in town was in that pledge class.
    Great organizer, I got first invite 8 yrs ago and have played every year since except last year (COVID cancellation).

3 houses and 2 hotel rooms (I got to stay at one house, even got my own private casita with en suite bathroom).
    We followed COVID protocols wherever needed; everything was basically outside (even dinners) except at my guest house where everyone had been vaccinated.

I feel very fortunate, highlight of my golf season every year. If you ever find such a group, hang on for dear life, make it happen!!

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

A couple of those shots are straight from True Blood, I think.
    The flytrap eating the frog certainly looks familiar.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Some of these GQP yayhoos better figure out they'll be on the wrong side of history by sticking with McConnell just as they'd be by sticking with Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Democrats need to do commercials showing those asshats sitting on their hands when Biden is saying the child tax credit will cut child poverty in half and ask Republicans: “What do you have against helping people?”

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Because we all know that intentions = outcomes.

Draft saved Draft deleted