1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Stupid welfare queens, staying at home to pocket the $400.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who could have predicted that with the government paying people on the low end of the wage spectrum more money NOT to work. ... that a lot of people would be choosing not to go back to work?

Alma likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

For the right price conservatives will let you sleep wit their wife. They’ll do anything

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Revelatory I tell ya.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How dare these employees expect to be paid enough to make a living, right?

OscarMadison, Mngwa and Fred siegle like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

People who argue this are so very close to getting the point.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They predicted 1 million jobs. They got 266,000. There’s something to it.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The whisper numbers were more like 2 million. Honest. I don't know who is more clueless, the legislators fucking up our country or the economists at the big banks who are forecasting these things.

BTW, the BLS number may or may not be accurate. They have as much ability to count jobs as you orI do. They are pulling these numbers out of their ass. On top of it, they don't count millions of people who aren't working anyhow. It's the silliest number imagineable, but markets pay attention to it, because the Fed will now use it as a reason to keep pumping liquidity in, because they've backed themselves into a corner.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Alma-

I laughed out loud when you trollingly asked if anyone here was Marxist. Well done, my boy.

I'll answer your question. I am not Marxist. I am though a "classical British liberal," as Jordan Peterson has said.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not just immigrants. Last time I check, my college newspaper’s production manager was living in a house where the bedrooms and the garage have been repurposed as bunk rooms.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Regale us.

Draft saved Draft deleted