1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Big Macro

[​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nope. What happens to the me in your head has never happened to the actual me.

We're all at risk of being killed by soybeans, though. The processed food industry runs soybeans through an incredible amount of what most Americans eat. ... and thanks to the Federal Reserve "stimulating" the economy-- I am sure they were trying to be "fair"-- soybeans are trading at around $16 a bushel right now. A year ago, they were selling for close to half of that.

People feel it at the supermarket already, even though producers have largely avoided passing along costs to consumers so far. But it's why you are seeing stories like this:

Global Food Prices Are Soaring

This notion that you can price fix things -- whether it is the cost of money via interest rates or the cost of labor with a legislated price floor -- without hurting people, is destroying our country.

But when I try to point that out, I either get responses filled with intentions (presented as outcomes), or I get posts that have nothing to do with anything I posted. Although, the me in some of your heads is kind of entertaining.

SFIND likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not the third term of Obama. The Biden team's policies are far more progressive than Obama's policies.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Caitlin says: "I will use the women's bathroom. I am a woman. If you don't like it, you can suck my dick."

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm all for a "living wage."

But with that comes the reality that you can't just decide to plop yourself down in the most desired and expensive cities and demand such a wage. Any more than you can waltz into a Jaguar dealer and say, "but I'm entitled to some transportation, aren't I?"

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

st petersburg taste on a siberia budget

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think a part of that is that the time has long gone when some companies may have had some sort of loyalty to workers, and vice versa. Loyalty is a two-way street.

A couple of generations have grown up seeing Mom and Dad work their asses off for a company, only to see them get rewarded by nothing other than a pink slip and a cardboard box either because the jobs moved overseas, the company didn't like its balance sheet, the CEO needs another new yacht, or even for valid reasons.

At some point, those generations see that there's no loyalty, want work-life balance, and figure if the employer is out to exploit them by paying them as little as they can, then fair is fair and the employee is going to do as little work as they can get away with doing.

wicked likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's no "logic" employed in thinking, "People making $X an hour should be making more!"

Draft saved Draft deleted