1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Just don't criticize Vlad.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So the GOP just jumped into the Trump end of the pool.

Nothing like going all-in. I'm just unsure if they have the cards. Sure a significant percentage are truthers, but you need a majority to win things in this country.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They started a war based on a complete lie and were back in power six years later. I’ve given up on them ever paying a penalty.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What were Cheney's credentials again? Oh yeah -- progeny of unindicted war criminal, ands birther and climate change-denier.

She can burn in hell.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No tears here. I just don't see a path forward for the GOP - I truly don't. Going to be interesting to see them try to pivot to the general after surviving primaries next spring. Laughed hard when McCarthy said it was time to stop relitigating the past.

Alma likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What, you haven't seen the Moscow Generals play before? They play Сладкая Джорджия Браун before every one of those games.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If FDR could have Stalin as an ally, I have no problem with seeing Cheney as a temporary ally. She's gonna get more media attention than any Democrat except Biden and more than any other Republican in Congress, because man (woman in this case) bites dog is still big news.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw somebody on Twitter say they knew any attempt at gun control legislation ended at Sandy Hook because if a classroom of kids getting slaughtered didn’t change things then nothing would. And he said he has the same feeling now about the GQP going down the conspiracy theory route. If an insurrection didn’t change things, then nothing will.

Add in the voter suppression laws being passed and we are staring squarely at a time when Democrats (or moderates) simply aren’t allowed to win elections - no matter what.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hey it's not the first time in our country that populism has become ... popular.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's not as Cheney or any other Republican needs Trump's base anyway.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Many reporters do not even vote, they say it wold interfere with their job of reporting the truth. I get that and I believe them.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If Biden brings America back relatively well from COVID by 2022 - and he's doing that so far - every Democrat can run under that accomplishment, because Trump made an absolute mess of COVID.

To me it's simple: Is your life in 2022 better than it was in 2020? Yes? No need to change the formula, then.

Draft saved Draft deleted