1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You'd think these nutjobs would be OK with emulating Israel, given their professed love of the (((Jews))) whenever Ilhan Omar's name comes up.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think they realized they were wrong and corrected course. That used to be the equivalent of a 5-12 upset in government and now it feels like UMBC-Virginia.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The dyed in the wool anti-vax crowd is much like the troothers. You could offer them free rent for life in the Elvis suite and unlimited trips to the salad bar and they aren't gonna get the shot. Not just covid, but any of the other wonderful innoculations that have been developed to improve the human condition. Because freedumb! And Jenny McCarthy said so once!

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And they like Jenny McCarthy's rack. I bet two-thirds of them still have her Playboy issue.

Remember when conspiracy theorists only had Elvis and JFK to talk about?

lakefront likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not even taking into consideration why we get haircuts in the first place, I find them highly enjoyable from a sensory standpoint. Especially if it's a pretty girl doing the clipping.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The original anti-vax crowd was arguably more progressive than conservative.

lakefront likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. They're still wrong.

wicked, Hermes and dixiehack like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If anything I tend to get more irritated with them, because usually they are fucking things up for their children, who don’t get a say.

SFIND, Alma, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Aye. I was under the impression part of the point of being a kid was not agreeing with your parents on politics and culture.

The last place a 10-year-old version of me would have wanted to be => a political function with my parents.

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

It depresses — but does not surprise — me that there’s been no pushback on the Yankees’ version of this.

Eight members of the organization have tested positive, all of them reportedly vaccinated, including a player who’d already contracted the virus.

CDC director Rachelle Walensky:

“With regard to the Yankees, we obviously need to learn more about that situation. My understanding is that six of the seven reports, six of the seven infections were indeed asymptomatic infections. And we will look to more data from that report to understand what happened there. All of the real world data we’ve seen that’s been in the published literature, large studies, in many different settings, have demonstrated that those vaccines are effective, have a high effectiveness against disease.”

Cosmo likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Still seems amazing to me that whatever vaccine they got was so ineffective at preventing infection. I know they're in close contact and all that, but isn't that a high number of positives in a small cohort of people?

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I wonder if they got one of those contaminated worthless J&J vaccines.

Draft saved Draft deleted