1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

A party obsessed with sex- other people's sexual lives, that is- for 40 years. When they aren't obsessed with money (money that does not belong to them). That's not just a moment.

They have all kinds of problems.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't see how this benefits Murkowski, unless she's planning on running as a Democrat (she won't).

Manchin is likely out after 2024, so he can't let this charade drag on too long if he wants to benefit (pork) from being a key swing vote in the Senate.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I kind of miss the rants as he staggers about his resort in his president costume, hope they will continue.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve read before that Murkowski has a good track record with the Alaska Native community, and I imagine they stand to benefit from this. And she doesn’t seem to seek out the affirmation Collins and Manchin need for being willing to buck their parties. Every once in a while she crosses over to vote for stuff because she believes in it, which makes her the rarest unicorn of all.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Joe Manchin may just do the right thing eventually.

Stranger things have happened.

Marshall just won a national championship in soccer.

Donny in his element and garrow like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Murkowski lost the Republican primary in Alaska in 2010 and then won as a write-in, so I think she has reason to be confident in her electoral prospects.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

When Rudy hears his toothy son is being compared to Eric Trump

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Democrat hems and haws about doing the right thing. It's the Neverending Story.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You mean ... a politician who actually listens to others, reads up where applicable and actually makes decisions based on information and facts and NOT party affiliation? What a concept.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted