1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. Neutral Corner

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

George Floyd did not rise again.

(Unlike my anger ... these people continue to bring out the shovels and backhoes when it comes to depths of ignorance.)

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm tired of hearing about commissions.
    The United States House of Representatives is literally the first part of our government mentioned in the U.S. Constitution.
    Form a select committee with subpoena power, chaired by a member of the majority power, force people to talk, and put motherfuckers in jail.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think you're forgetting redistricting/gerrymandering and the rash of vote-suppression laws that the Trumpist klan has passed in several states.
    As to the notion that the Democrats "control" Congress, see Manchin, DINO Joe. Nothing gets done without his approval. And he's not particularly approving of several important ideas.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Mark Meadows ... there's a powertool that has been silent for quite a while.

A boil in need of lancing, I'd say.

Danya Perry is hot, BTW.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This, however, is a great Strawman.

swingline likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The House could name an investigative committee all by itself.

Do it.

Then, Biden could take one of the presidential limos out for a spin around the block (surrounded by the appropriate Secret Service personnel of course), during which he will immediately speed up to 32 mph in a 25 zone, and then be pulled over and ticketed by DC traffic cops.

Whereupon Attorney General Merrick Garland will issue the opinion:

"The President of the United States is fully liable to be charged, tried and convicted for any criminal offense as law enforcement personnel of appropriate jurisdiction may deem necessary. Any and all previous opinions to the contrary by inferior officers in this department are hereby inoperative. The concept of the president bring immune to any legal consequences to criminal actions is a constitutional absurdity. In point of fact the framers of the Constitution were quite emphatic that the chief executive should enjoy no such privileges of royalty."

Upon which Biden pleads no contest, pays the fine, then donates 100x the fine to traffic safety awareness programs.

Then, Garland should issue, oh I dunno, about 500 federal indictments. Including about 50 of Fatfuck.

Then the next day issue 500 more.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    tea and ease and Driftwood like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seriously, how does any reporter not ask him why he felt multiple Benghazi investigations over four years was justified, but not one Jan. 6 investigation from four months ago?

OscarMadison, Driftwood and garrow like this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted