1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You’d think with a name like Ivory she’d have a job for life at Fox.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I don't.

A couple of years ago, I cut loose some people because they were comparing the removal of CSA monuments to the holocaust. At the time, I thought they were being deliberately antisemitic. Now I understand they were mind-bogglingly ignorant. It wouldn't surprise me if the same was true of MTG.

Hey, there were people lining up to get their Bibles autographed by Trump.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What I don't get from these people is why are they so heavily invested in whether HCQ really works or whether the virus did come from a Chinese lab. Let's say, hypothetically, it somehow turns out that they were right. Do they really think that the election would be overturn if they were right?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

O'Reilly must be dying seeing how easily Tucker replaced him.

Really hoping it leaks that Biden told Putin something to the effect: "I know you have a bit of a fan club in the U.S., but I am not a member of it."

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Safe bet they haven't actually read that, either.

wicked likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't expect them to admit they're wrong- it isn't how cults work.

And that is exactly what this is, a cult. There's no need reframing it in any other context. Definitionally it is a cult.

HanSenSE, Hermes, Driftwood and 3 others like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Cohen was right about one thing in that video, it's Jim Jones all over again and they'd all drink the Kool-Aid.

He said people would only break if Trump is thrown in the slammer. It'd be the exact opposite. The nut jobs are so far ingrained at this point that we'll never truly exorcise them.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Orange Hitler supporters now on the same side as a Bin Laden. LOL

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

His death or complete loss of function will break the spell a little, but look at what the GOP did with Reaganism after he was not functional and after he died. Think of how the ideas of the Confederacy live on 160 years later.

So we’re talking 20 years minimum for Trumpism as a wing of the party the GOP must allow in the fold unless the far dirtbag left and Trumpism wrap around and meld into one and a neo-liberal consensus re-forms in the center of the GOP and Democratic party. Which would be wild.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tell me you’re Russian without telling me you’re Russian.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted