1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Short-sighted greed across so many industries is beginning to have long term seriously adverse effects.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Condolences, man.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah. You probably found a good value. Maintenance.

My uncle just pulled up in a vehicle similar to mine. Same platform, will get better mileage and will work much better for him. Got it from the same place I did (he didn't realize he'd bought a very similar model until his sister pointed it out when they talked about it). Kinda worried his brother-in-law will dislike it because it's not Big Three.

Too bad. It's a massive improvement on so many fronts.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait! You gotta tell us the story of the old gal’s demise! She’s the most famous car on SJ*

*Non-smallspuds division

OscarMadison, Hermes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Spent ~$15000 and bought a second-hand, low-mileage Civic earlier this year (2017, fewer than 7,000 miles, was a lease). Wish I could’ve bought with cash, but didn’t. And I hate tying up that much money into a car. But I’m happy with the deal.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, we won’t tell Dave Ramsey on you.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It was a marvelous emergency second vehicle, but wife started working full-time two months ago --- meaning I had to drive it four days a week --- and three weeks ago on the way home from work all the warning lights came on (instead of the usual 1-2 I knew I could ignore).

Last time all the warning lights came on, it meant that the alternator was gone. I didn't even bother to have it checked this time. Bought a 12-year-old Camry with 78K miles. This thing is barely broken in. :)

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Condolences

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This really happened this summer:

[I see a 1990s Lexus parked at Trader Joe’s]

Me: “Just like BTE’s!”

My wife: “Who?”

Me, realizing I’ve said something out loud I meant to keep to myself: “Nevermind. Remember that weird internet message board where a bunch of former sports writers—“

My wife: “— don’t care about your nerd internet life.”

This also happens any time I start talking like the podcasters I listen to are my actual friends.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wake capitalism is a hot topic on right-wing twitter.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If you're not going to pay your workers a living wage, you probably deserve to go out of business

Draft saved Draft deleted