1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing how reasonable Rand Paul is when his state needs emergency funding.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

According to some people here my critical thinking skills suck.

Yet even I know that Nancy Pelosi having anything to do with the Jan. 6 terrorist attack makes no sense.

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's like talking into a void, but nice to have it on the record, anyway.

https://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/article256554171.html

Mark Meadows is an embarrassment to NC. Congress should take a hard line with him.

For North Carolina, Meadows is more than a figure in a Washington drama. He is the embodiment of how the state’s turn to extreme gerrymandering has opened the way for reactionary and incompetent candidates to represent the state in Congress. Before Meadows, the 11th District was represented by a conservative Democrat, Heath Shuler, who retired after the district was redrawn to heavily favor Republicans. Now the district is represented by Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who has found a way to be more extreme and embarrassing than Meadows.
    It has long been clear that Meadows is a Trump sycophant. Now the question is whether his eagerness to please included breaking the law. The Jan. 6 committee needs to take a hard line with the former chief of staff who never drew a line for Trump.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Republicans didn't want to be blamed for letting the U.S. default.
    So McConnell and Schumer cooked up an arrangement where the rules for approving debt-ceiling raises would change so it only required a majority. Republicans would vote for the rules change, but wouldn't vote for another increase in the debt ceiling.
    At least that's how I understand it.
    He got at least 10 Republicans (not sure if he was part of that group) to vote yes.
    Don't praise McConnell. He wiggled out of this, and I wish Schumer had held his balls to the wall.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

His spear is permanently limp and his only outlet is to hurt others because he lacks a functioning penis.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Oh, I really wasn't praising McConnell. I was just pointing out that maybe he's working behind the scenes to crack the likes of Cruz and Hawley so he can get back to his own games.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Julie Kelly needs to die for what she is doing for this country.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It begins to appear possible that McConnell will get pushed out as Majority Leader. Several GOP candidates for Senate are pledging to vote against him if elected, in order to curry favor with Trump, who has been calling him "Old Crow" and a RINO lately. They're hoping to get his coveted endorsement, which still goes a long way with GQP voters. The general vow is to install a Freedom Caucus member instead. As odious as he is, McConnell is unwilling to take responsibility for completely shutting down the Senate, and he has made similar accommodations over the last year.

It is very hard to imagine regret for the Turtle's replacement, but I suppose that if his replacement is bad enough... Nah, he needs to die in a fire.

11. Smallpotatoes

I notice in the replies almost everyone said that the Jan. 6 attack was no big deal.

That is why Julie Kelly and every other right-wing journalist pushing that narrative needs to die.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I just don't get the attraction of sucking the ping pong ball-sized toadstool schlong of a smelly 400 pound pig who fucks his daughter. But obviously Julie Kelly does.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted