1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Depends which Catholics you ask ...

Unlike many religions (and maybe the U.S. in general), among White Catholic parishioners, you will find the younger ones are much more conservative. What's left of the Vatican II generation (the Baby Boomers who still attend Mass) tend to favor social justice issues and ecumenical efforts. A lot of the younger Catholics prefer a litmus tests.

"If you're pro-choice, you're not Catholic."

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

So tired of this shit...
    A very talented artist here couldn't keep his politics holstered and talked himself out of gallery representation. I begged the gallery owner to give him another chance. He said no, the artist burned through two strikes and he felt if he couldn't behave himself in an online artists' group, he'd be a pain in the ass in the gallery. FWIW, Gallery Owner represented people all over the political spectrum. It was all about being able to behave. I hope it was worth it.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

NORMAL CHRISTIANS? (jk) Catholics are the "OG Christians" the protestants had this thing called the "Reformation" that pretty much de-coupled "the church" from "the faith." And there are a few more theological differences among protestant denominations and non-denominational Christian churches. Of course, we all walk in the footsteps of the Jewish faith which is the OG of all faiths, except for Hinduism.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do find the FJB and Lets Go Brandon stuff to be interesting - at first I figured it was just a way to support Trump without outing oneself as a Trumper or outwardly supporting a "loser,
    after the election, then I began to believe that Trumpism was just a vehicle for white fragility/rage all along and "Trump" was really just a way of saying I'm white, scared and angry - and evolved into his Presidency.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

There's a guy down the road from our house (small-town NC), who is flying a LGB flag, in the Trump font and blue.

It's his fourth Trumpist flag - two 2020s, 2024 and now this.

Know what happens? He has to keep replacing them. They fray and fall apart within 3-4 months. Every one of them.

The irony.

qtlaw, Hermes, Inky_Wretch and 4 others like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hardcore Catholics are just hardcore Babtists who like to drink. I've straddled the line in my family.

I should add: Who are open about liking to drink.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The part I love is the left will be accused of “worshipping” candidates.

I mean: No one was flying Hillary Clinton flags a year after she lost. The Trumpists can’t let him go.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That’s because it’s a cult of personality and not a political party.

Tarheel316, SFIND and HanSenSE like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

“There you go, America, some of our citizens think it’s so clever to call the President and try and humiliate him on Christmas Eve, of all nights. Only you and I both know who truly is humiliated, right? Which side do you want to be associated with? The 9th grade humor brigade or the side that is proud of America, of decency, of morality?”

Fred siegle, qtlaw, Driftwood and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted