1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That line caught my eye, too. What incentive does he have to flip, though? Was he on the push-out-of-a-window list?

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Realize this is an older post I'm responding to, but also - AOC actually did a charity event for the people of Texas in the aftermath of the freeze, and raised about $5M for food banks. I'm positive she didn't do that entirely out of the goodness of her heart, but still. Even Abbott is willing to ask the feds for shit from time to time. Cruz couldn't even be assed to give the barest of efforts until he was shamed.

Cruz is an oddly fascinating figure to me, because he manages to be such an outrageous, inexplicable prick at times. It's not even his "brand," like with Trump. If Trump got caught in a similar situation, he'd at least cover it with some bullshit like, "I hire the best people so I can vacation whenever I want."

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump doesn’t explain. He only complains. Donnie vacationed more than he worked and never explained it. He just bitched about anyone and everything else and did what he wanted. He left it to the MSM to explain it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Has American foreign policy moved too far to the left?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I find it interesting how most politicians use their personal accounts for batshit crazy stuff, but not their official ones for their office. It's like they know a Senator shouldn't be saying X, but by cloaking it with their personal account it's OK.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Welcome, Donald. It's been a long time. But finally we are here. What took you so long? Cuckoooo!"

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've always wondered how much of the official account stuff is some staffer and not really the elected person.
    Honestly, I'd just as soon they do their job instead of tweeting all day.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But it doesn't have to drag on. Merrick Garland has the clout right now, with the entire U.S. Justice Department behind. Maybe someone needs to remind him that these are some of the same fuckwads who cost him a seat on the high court.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Interesting story about a confrontation between Kris Kristofferson (noted liberal and a captain in the U.S. Army, where he was a Ranger and a helicopter pilot) and tough-guy wannabe Toby Keith.
    Remembering Kris Kristofferson and Toby Keith's Reportedly Legendary Argument on Willie Nelson's Birthday

cyclingwriter2 and Driftwood like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was just about to bring this here. Docs on the 2016 election hack and Skripal? And he hasn't fallen out a window or had a cup of Novichok tea yet?

They better take very good care of this man, because U.S. law enforcement does not get a chance like this often.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted