1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletic, Axios talking merger?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Mar 26, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It’s okay by me if Jack goes the Carl’s Jr./Green Burrito route with Del Taco.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

I’ve always thought the Haberman hate has been over the top. NYT isn’t partial enough for either party. But let’s not derail the thread here

3. superhater

superhater Member

a) you done derailed it right here

b) If anything, the Haberman hate isn't strong enough. This board prides itself on doing the quality journalisms, but now we're going to bat for someone who clearly spent four solid years selling her soul for access/advancement? Come on now...

I just hope that the NYT, which has long since jumped the shark as a respectable news organization, doesn't get those fingerprints all over The Athletic...

"The Nets have lost three straight. Here's why rural voters in central New Jersey think Biden is to blame."

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

"Chet, who didn't want his last name used, sipped a cup of coffee at the diner counter and blamed Biden for the wokeness that he believes has slowed down the Nets."

superhater, SFIND, Tighthead and 3 others like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Del Taco made an ill-fated dive into North Texas in the middle of last decade. It lasted marginally longer than Krystal did.

MeanGreenATO likes this.
  6. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

SFIND, sgreenwell, swingline and 3 others like this.
  7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

So how long before Bari Weiss says The Athletic is trying to cancel her?

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that would seem to be a bad move. We've got a handful of them here in the Rockies. They were a No. 2 or 3 stop for me in SoCal, after Naugles and Miguel's.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Miguel's has really dropped in quality, sadly. Their wet B&C burrito was a go-to for years but recent efforts have been lackluster at best. Over-expansion is the culprit, I suppose.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

She can cancel like the rest of us, in November just before the $1/month deal expires.

PaperClip529 and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's been a couple of years since I stopped in at one, but yeah, they have over-expanded.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The "HeRe's WhY" headlines need to be purified with fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted