1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Where “Maisel” has gone really makes me appreciate Mad Men all the more. I could’ve stayed in that universe for 20 seasons. Maisel hasn’t had that pull for me for a while.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I noticed that Killing Eve is apparently back for its final season. For such a critic’s darling of a show, I saw no publicity at all.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Now added to the influx of "this was a podcast and/or a documentary and now we're doing a scripted version" is We Crashed, about WeWork, starring Anne Hathaway and Jared Leto.

Other contenders in this category:
    - The Thing About Pam starring Renee Zellwegger (was a Dateline ep and Keith Morrison podcast)
    - The Dropout starring Amanda Seyfried (was a podcast that also covered the Elizabeth Holmes trial)
    - Joe and Carole starring Kate McKinnon (the Tiger King saga)
    - The Act starring Joey King (based on the documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest)

Just watch the documentaries, they're much better

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Webster

Mrs. W and I watch Bob Hearts Abishola on DVR and it is always preceded by the last 30-60 seconds of The Neighborhood. I feel like I know the entire show by watching only the snippets.

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  7. Webster

He told a funny (and likely not true) story that he was golfing with a couple of the CBS announcers, including David Feherty. Maury has a putt to win the hole and Feherty is trash talking him to try to throw him off. He’s telling Maury that his show is garbage and that he wouldn’t do Maury’s show if they paid him $5 million a year. Maury looks at him and says “neither would I” and sinks the putt.

Hermes, Wenders, garrow and 2 others like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Has anybody else noticed that NBC and Fox had a tense relationship well before the Murdochs even bought Fox?

I looked back and the only Fox series that had a good run on NBC was "Daniel Boone" in the late 1960s. I don't recall if NBC even ran Fox movies much.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Oingo Boingo rabbit hole led to a clip of Jerry Lewis on Dick Cavett from '73.

They go into what I guess is a famous part of The Errand Boy which I doubt I've seen.

And the first visual out of the clip is this exact moment ... that the director could have won an Emmy for ... based on how the angle is catching Jerry's gaze.

Mesmerizing.

[​IMG]

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Who else in the world would notice that?

I would never have guessed you could even look that up. And didn't networks have a bunch of production companies, so how could you tell who was who?

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted