1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, the networks were too spooked by the lawsuit threats from their false claims the first time around - the last thing they want is another go-round.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hate to delve into Starman/Yab territory, but this guy is pioneering not Stepin Fetchit territory, but Bendin Takeit.

What a pitiful self-loathing individual.

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Right-wing media: so accurate right now

matt_garth likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Stop picketing in front of SCOTUS justices' homes. That is going on, and it has to stop.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The shepherds rising up against the tyranny of evil men.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Imagine if they only could picket in front of the court without being treated like animals.

There's still time for Thomas to meet his maker before the opinion is released.

Driftwood and heyabbott like this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

They are fair game
    During the Detroit Newspaper strike we chartered a boat and sailed up to the backyard of Free Press publisher Heath Meriweather, who lived on an Ann Arbor lake and got a piece of our minds
    Fuck Alito, Sarah Huckabee Sanders or anyone else who cries about it

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The scummy Christians protested at pelosi’s house for a haircut. The dirty Christian right get their knickers all bunched over the slightest of slights yet they perpetrate violence against everyone. Fuck them. I hope the left finds out where their kids live and grandchildren go to school. They’ve fucked this country since Bush v Gore. Tough shit on them. If the country is going down, take the right wing cross lovers too

Mngwa likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s kavanaugh’s neighbors that organized the protest. I hope they are not intimidated, but with great power comes great responsibility and they have the protection of the US Marshall’s office. How much does sister Amy Coathanger think she’s Joan of Arc?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Looks like the same jacket he wore when he went to the farm.

garrow likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I personally would not picket outside a private home, but I have a certain amount of sympathy with the view that Kavanaugh "can take some time off work and drive three states away".

MLK and other civil rights icons were told to stop marching and demonstrating too, that it only angered the racists and inflamed the debate. Good Trouble.

As has been noted above, what is the alternative, demonstrating in front of the Supreme Court barricade?

Draft saved Draft deleted