1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whenever I see someone with a hyphenated name, I always go back to a scene in Big where Tom Hanks’s character is waiting for his job interview when Elizabeth Perkins’ character comes in to demand her secretary be fired because she’s spending all of her time writing out versions of her married name.

“Sometimes with a hyphen, sometimes without a hyphen. Sometimes she SPELLS the hyphen.”

maumann likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

simpson-day you're welcome

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mastriano’s
    Ascendancy
    Guarantees
    Alarm

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've been calling him Doug MAGAstriano for two years.

garrow likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gimmy Thomas is a cross dressing cock suxker

88D4A813-994A-4953-B718-E1B627F13EBB.jpeg

Driftwood likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I don't even mind that you overload us with UAB stuff. But DBs are irritating. You're the current DB King of SJ, by a long shot. The one today was only 90 minutes between Garrow's post and your DB. You need to work on this, figure out a better way to obtain and convey information. Thank you.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll work on it. It's unintentional.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The default but unexpressed belief of every big Washington reporter I see on Twitter and of just about every political scientist there is that the American voting public does not give a rat's ass about democracy or the Constitution or their own, let alone anyone else's, personal freedoms. They care only about their material well-being. That's it. Is that true? I dunno, but it sure seems to me that if that's how I felt about Americans, I sure as fuck wouldn't make studying their political system my life's work.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Tweets posted with vague comments and without any context that would allow someone to know what in all hell it is about are the best.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted