1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He's neck-and-neck with Trump on a race to the bottom of the barrel.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Why not? These days with the Republicans, it's the ultimate badge of honor.

4. Sam Mills 51

Beat me to it. Just get out of there. Let DeathSantis have his way.

Once he drives the Rays and Disney two out of the state, let him answer for it. From everything I've read, the Rays' home facility is a dump. Perfect time to go (as for Disney, they've been counting money for decades. Pull up stakes and go somewhere else ... especially if DeathSantis wants to show everyone how tough he thinks he is).

After Pat McCrory signed that despicable bathroom bill in North Carolina, the people responded by voting him out of office. He didn't run the Panthers, Hornets or Hurricanes out, but the NCAA - yes, the usually spineless organization - responded by pulling all its events out of the state. Enough other businesses that were thinking of heading to the state did not do so.

Billions of dollars lost. Enough conservatives sided with the Dems to get him out of there. Thank goodness every day for Roy Cooper, or this state would be screwed even more.

Driftwood, matt_garth, garrow and 2 others like this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Je me souviens.

garrow and Woody Long like this.
  6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Guess Susan Collins didn't ... concern ... herself enough with the facts or ... concern ... herself enough to realize what these people will do to push through their agenda.

Which means we're all now more ... concerned ... about her than I ever want to be. Do we need to air our ... concerns ... in chalk on your sidewalk or will you try to have us arrested, too?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I seem to recall Republicans in Florida tried a similar tactic and were forced to withdraw it when Dems started mocking them for wanting to look at girls’ private parts.

Hence why the Ohio GQPers decided to ram it through at midnight

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Credit for not saving it for the book

Draft saved Draft deleted