1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just like they did the suspect in the Kavanaugh case?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As long as there are exams there will be prayer in schools.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When I was in elementary school we were taught The Battle
    Hymn of the Republic. A prayer to Christ set to music. A couple of Jewish 11 year olds recognized it as Christian religious based and refused to sing it. So we stood there while everyone else sang about the Coming of the Lord. That’s what school prayer is. Whether you are forced to say the words or be forced to listen to everyone say the words while staring at you for failing to recognize Christ as the Lord.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In third grade, I remember having to memorize Psalm 23 as part of class. I guess maybe we were graded on it. I don't remember. For "music" our teacher just played the autoharp and had us sing hymns.

6. Bu77ers

Bu77ers Member

The worst people are the shitheads like those who try to murder Brett Kavanaugh

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Of course I also got into trouble in the third grade for drawing a dick between Han Solo and Princess Leia on my Star Wars notebook.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I thought the point of making half a million dollars a year is setting up a life where you don’t have to drive to get anything, that everything fun is brought to you.

Rich people know how to get rich. They don’t know how to be rich.

wicked and Driftwood like this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

At least 10,000 people were arrested the summer of 2020, I've also seen the estimates as high as 14 to 15,000. What always gets overlooked is how many of the protests were peaceful with no looting. There were a few riots. That's true. But I remember the 4th of July that year, there were massive demonstrations in three or four cities and they got absolutely no coverage because they were no problems. The media tended to focus on the cities where looting and fighting accompanied the protestant. The people actually involved in the protest were not, for the most part, violent or looters.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Which of the eight hearings does he speak?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Quit working yab’s corners.

Hermes and heyabbott like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted