1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts and Prayers: The Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jesus.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The right thing happened, although not without some utterly disgusting counter-arguments at the microphone first.

Alma likes this.
  3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I will never understand why someone who is the mother of a altar boy who was sexually abused or a member of church who is abused or someone getting a massage who is abused by their mt tells the officials at the church or the spa or whatever but doesn't call the police. Call the f****** police.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. dixiehack

(Now that idiot me has found the right thread …)

Here is a thing that is new since I left the Southern Baptists. When did so many of these bros become horny for Calvinism? That used to be a fringe position at best and now it seems like a third of the convention is at least TULIP curious.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My mom still refuses to acknowledge the parade of child molesters now in prison who I encountered throughout my childhood growing up Catholic in Philadelphia. The pastor of my parish, a dean, teacher and coach at my high school, my orthodontist, at least two adult leaders from Boy Scouts.

And those were just the ones later arrested, charged and convicted.

She gets very indignant about the anger I still have toward the Catholic Church, and the Archdiocese that kept rotating the kiddie-fuckers around to different parishes to avoid having to acknowledge or punish them.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

Solid thread here. I’m not going back to the SBC, but I probably could have lived under this kind of proposed framework.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Overheard while on the job: Yew want meeee to call the law own 'em? How do Ah know she didn't invaht 'em to sex her or that she's jus' plain lahin? What about me? Ah'd have to stort over at a new chorch. Yew want to roon mah lahf over her hu feelin's?"

- Mother of a kid in treatment for sexual assault

Calvinism has been popular with BAWs since the mid-naughts. Most of them had/have no idea what it means. They think it gives them gravitas

9. dixiehack

Dude nominated himself from the floor and now is in danger of having to pay expenses to Nashville multiple times per year.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

All this makes me glad that growing up my Sunday morning place of worship was a body of water, my altar was a Zebco, and communion was some Saltines and Beanie Weenies.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

Surely not Franklin Graham being a fuckup!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2022/06/20/franklin-graham-domestic-abuse-abedini/

Draft saved Draft deleted