1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This really fits more in the racism thread, but ...

My sister and her husband (a convert who is about 500 times as observant a Catholic as I am) severed our family's 50+- year relationship with "St. Sisyphus" over dramatically increasing MAGAzation of the parish and school leadership.

Yanked their three kids out of Catholic schools and sent them to our local high level college town school district.

The diocese and its flagship high school fucked up its response to the anthem-kneeling/BLM controversy about aa bad as it possibly could: first saying it was ok for students to kneel, then after getting flack from some out county MAGAT fan bases, completely flip flopping and banning it, THEN suspending a few students who did it anyway, THEN issuing a public statement saying the school would tolerate no active displays of "anti American" sentiments (taken to be anything critical of the Fatfuck junta or any of his GOP minions).

The school had had about 20 percent minority students; within one school year, that dropped to 3%.

My twin nieces' confirmation ceremony was disrupted when outside the church, a totally peaceful BLM March passed by, and was set upon by a flock of rolling-smoke MAGA/Oath Keepers pickup trucks blasting air horns.

The pastor of the church took to Facebook that night and claimed that BLM had "provoked" the incident.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, Senator Scott. That would be the Conservatives who are actually banning books, you fucking jackass.

3. Starman

More deep thoughts from Senator Luthor.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Starman

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's why Ragu said the states have to ratify it.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That’s one of those interesting, to me, Constitutional quirks. It’s Gödel-esque: Can one amend a statement that says, “This statement cannot be amended?”

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Once again, it is ALWAYS projection with these people.

lakefront likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted