1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We're talking the same Trumps that were played by K-Pop fans.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Located right beside denial

5. Neutral Corner

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but at least gun rights have a tether to the consitution - abortion doesn't.

And is it just me or do I get the impression that there were some wannabe leni reifenstahls figuring they would be documenting Trump's "triumph of the will" on Jan. 6th.

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's abortion but more than that, it's privacy. Just as Congress is passing a gun law, the Supreme Court is saying, everyone carry a gun, who cares? They gutted Miranda, they said the government has to pay for religious schooling, And now they're going to tell us we really don't have a right to privacy. That's going to impact our everyday life in ways that extend far past abortion. These f****** on the court are going to destroy us.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. The Court now seem to have a great "imagination" on some things, and zero on others. If they were HALF ths "strict constitutionalists" they claim to be, they'd only support gun ownership for people who are in well-regulated militias. But they're not.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I was against court packing before I was for it (which happened like now). Time to end all the pretense of bipartisanship in the Senate and, provided Democrats keep the Senate, remove the filibuster. I don't care if you have to offer Lisa Murkowski the position of Senate Majority Leader to caucus with you; you do it. No more nice guy shit. Take no prisoners like the R's do.

OscarMadison and Baron Scicluna like this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I have never considered myself to be anyone resembling a political animal.

A friend - who is more adamant than I on this subject - and I agreed that, after Biden took office, that the GOP should have been thrown a bone on a bill to see if they were willing to work on something benign, simple and bipartisan with Biden and the Democrats.

When it was obvious that the GOP on Capitol Hill - and many other places - refused, the gloves were off. Nothing has changed my mind.

While I'm usually of the mindset that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, it's time to take down the Republicans. IMO, it can be done without going too far, though I'm not implying that we must be nice about it. They sure as hell haven't been.

11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"history and tradition" = "penumbra."

Draft saved Draft deleted