1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Alma-ization of America. And as Thomas indicates, authoritarians are never satisfied.

2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, I never understood why there were always police officers outside the synagogue on Shabbat. Now, not only do I understand why, I fear they won't be enough.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Hot take: Trump and his inner circle are about to see the underside of the bus. “Whew,” says the authoritarian theocrat wing of the Republican Party, “we don’t need those morons anymore.”

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

They want a religious theocracy ... and they're getting one.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You want to see what 100 million people voting Democratic looks like?

Wait 'til November.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Fumes in the aftermath smell really bad for both, too ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

... except SPC still in charge. Which is why, if what has been coming out for J6 is true, that he and the accomplices be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Yeah. That sums it up nicely.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Cowards waited for the gun control legislation news before releasing the decision, hoping to take some of the air out of it in the news cycle.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Sam Mills 51

You expected anything else? These people and this movement are the personification of cowardice, packaged in the phoniest guise of pseudo-tough imaginable.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I fixed your quote instead of aborting it. Now some nice white lady from church can adopt it and stop pretending to give a shit about orphans in China or Haiti.

OscarMadison and bigpern23 like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And juuuuuuust early enough in the year that it’ll be forgotten by Election Day. There will be some viral TilTok/Kardashian cornballery that will distract everyone and away we go off to Diversionland.

12. Sam Mills 51

That'll happen in 10 minutes. Something else stupid will occur and become the shiny object of the news cycle everyone will follow to its train-wrecking end.

Pack the court.
    Stop playing nice with bad actors.
    Don't think about it on Capitol Hill. Don't talk to the media. Just do it. It's all they do.
    Don't look back. They certainly don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted